Wednesday, July 26, 2017

JUNE 19,2017

Goedemorgen en groetjes uit Suriname!

Wow, this week has been one of the busiest and stressful weeks of my mission! Haven't had a dull moment this week.

First off, I'm in my new area in Paramaribo branch. I'm in the area that Surinamers call Centrum en Beekhuizen. It's so good to be back in Paramaribo and see all the familiar faces. I get a Dutchman for my last companion. His name is Elder Dubbeld, and he is from Utrecht, Netherlands. He's a computer geek like me ;) He's also a stellar reader. He read through the Old Testament in a month!

Wednesday was transfer day when I got to my new area. Elder Burr was will us too because his new comp didn't fly in from Bonaire until Sunday. So we were a trio for a good 5 days. Thursday we had district meeting, Friday we had another MLC. We skyped in. Not as good as in person, but it was still really good. Saturday was Somalee's baptism! It was an awesome service and she shared a really good testimony. Sunday was church! Everyone was happy to have their organist back hee hee.

Sooo, busy, busy, busy. Our area is super cool though. It's right in the middle of everything. There are humble people here. Our most progressing investigator here is Zuster Haidy. She's awesome! She's humble and teachable. She'd already be baptized if it weren't for a Word of Wisdom addiction that she has. We're bringing by some members this week that will really help her out. Please include her in your prayers!

I had a really cool experience teaching an investigator. We were planning to teach the Restoration. She ended up talking a lot, so it was hard to teach doctrine. I tried listening and exercising the principles we learned at MLC to see what it was she needed to hear. I was a bit frustrated because I felt like we weren't going anywhere in the lesson. At the end of the lesson we testified of the Plan of Salvation and that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of His children. We said a closing prayer and were leaving, when she thanked us for coming. She said she feels something special when missionaries come by her. That really was a confirmation to me that the spirit will testify to the hearts of those we teach, when we're focusing on and listening to those we teach.

Other then that, it's been a normal week :)

I read a fun parable this week in Matthew 13:45-46. It says 45 ¶ Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
The gospel truly is a pearl of great price. It requires all of our commitment in order to acquire the prize. We have to surrender all our worldy alliegencies in order to put it at the center of our lives. There can't be any fence sitting.

Have another great week! Talk to you later.

Ik hou van jullie!!!

Elder Hunt

Somalee's baptism!


Lunch with Elder Burr

Biking Home

No comments:

Post a Comment