Wednesday, July 26, 2017

JULY 17, 2017

Goedemorgen en groetjes uit Suriname!

It's been another great week! Lots of rain this week and lots of lighting storms. The weather is changing from the rainy season to the "dry season" so there's been a lot of storms. We've had some great success teaching and finding this week.

Zuster Haidy is doing well. She's getting so close to stopping her addiction. It's so cool to see how the Lord can help investigators overcome these challenges as they pray for support. When we pray there really is another sort of power that enters our lives. That's the Lord's help as an answer to our prayers.

We're really excited to Shahida. She'll be getting baptized this week. There's a number of baptisms this next week. It'll be a great service. We've gone on a few exchanges this week with other missionaries. I was able to go with Elder Ricks. It was fun being able to get together with an old companion.

I was able to see a strengthening of my testimony this week with a special experience I had last Friday. We'd been finding a lot of people and teaching some new investigators. As a missionary you run into so many ideas and religious beliefs that challenge the validity of your beliefs. I'd had that experience on Friday. I've had experience like that before. But as I was pondering these things I felt the influence of the spirit which reminded me of that simple peace that I felt as I prayed to know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that the Lord knows that that's all that I need to help me go through those times of 'challenging faith'.

I also felt the spirit very strongly as I came across John 14:26-27. It's a scripture I'd read so many times before and one that I use a lot on teaching. But as I was thinking about all of the challenges and problems we face in life I was reminded of the Lord's promise in this scripture.
26 But the Comforterwhich is the Holy Ghostwhom the Father will send in my namehe shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever have said unto you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give unto you. Let not your heart be troubledneither let it be afraid.
I had an awe inspiring moment about that word peace. It's something that everyone wants. It gives us the reassurance that things are ok. Many people look for peace in different ways. There's many ways people 'find peace', (yoga, meditation, retreats,etc.) lots of worldly ways of finding peace. But the peace that the Lord speaks of here isn't worldly peace. It's a different kind of peace. It's a peace that comes from the Holy Spirit of the Lord. It's something different and often times separated from the world. But by qualifying ourselves for the companionship of the Holy Ghost, we can enjoy this peace.

I can't believe I'm entering the last week of my mission! Me and Elder Dubbeld are really going to make sure that we end it off with a bang. Have a great week!

Ik hou van jullie!!!

Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment