Monday, December 21, 2015

Dec 8, 2015 In Trinidad

Hey hey hey! This last week has been hectic and I am in Trinidad currently doing paperwork for my MKV. As far as I know I have received my MKV. I have no idea how I got my MKV this fast (it's you're fasting and prayers). This does not officially mean I am headed to Suriname yet. I don't know.

I don't have much time so I'll write about the extra special highlights this week. My birthday was great! We were fed at every appointment we had that day which was crazy but also kind of nice because that never happens in Berbice. We had some lessons in New Amsterdam as well as in Edinburg. Elder Cook made me and Elder Burr a birthday cake, and YES mom and dad I have received your package, thank you thank you thank you!!! The chocolate is delicious. The Belgian Chocolates didn't melt that much, and they're super good!!!

For service this week we cleaned the church building. We cleaned that place inside out. A problem in Berbice is that cane dust gets everywhere. Cane dust comes from burnt sugar cane fields and it's ashes get all over everything.

We have a new investigator, Nafeeza. She is doing very well and is receptive to everything that we teach. It's been hard teaching her because she doesn't really know her work schedule.

We had some awesome lessons with some other investigators we've found. Pria and Kelly are sisters that help their uncle and aunt run a family store. They were referred to us by Sister Seonerine, a sister in Edinburg. We have had some awesome lessons. This one lesson me and Elder Burr went and taught them the Plan of Salvation. The spirit was so strong in the lesson. Kelly gave the closing prayer to the lesson, and the prayer was absolutely beautiful. She started crying after the lesson. And with tears in her eyes she said "I have been looking for something like this my entire life". When we were leaving Pria told us "Thank you for coming to teach us. We feel so happy when you come and teach us". They are absolute golden investigators it will be exciting to see how things play out.

We had an awesome rest of our week. We taught almost 10 more lessons than our average which was awesome!!!

Monday we went over to Rosignal apartment to do a pig roast. It was... interesting. Quite the experience. Then me and Elder Cook get this surprise phone call that I'm leaving for Trinidad that night. I thought I was headed to Suriname that night from what it sounded like. But me and Elders Burr and Buehler flew to Trinidad to do some MKV work.

I love you all. I will know where I'll be going by this next Monday. Thank you for all of your support!

Ik hou van jullie!!!
Turned 19

biking in Guyana


Pig roasting.... on a ironing board

last week in Guyana



No comments:

Post a Comment