Thursday, August 4, 2016

July 18, 2016

Hallo iedereen! Goetjes vanuit Suriname!

I LOVE MY NEW AREA! The Wanica branch is awesome! There's 6 missionaries in the branch and we're the luckiest for having the best area. My companion is Elder Ort. He is from St. George, Utah and is awesome to serve with. He's been out about 20 months so I'm excited to learn from him. Our area is super nice. We work in an area called Nieuwe Grond which has a good mixture of the city and country side. The main roads here have bike lanes which are sooo nice. Our apartment is also probably the best I've stayed in and our landlady is the sweetest lady ever.

The work here is also very good. Wanica branch has about 80 active members and we have some of the best in our area. We are also teaching some very cool investigators right now. Our first investigator is H. She is super cool. She is very knowledgeable about gospel principles and the Bible but she is also humble. She asks us very good questions too. She came to church for the first time this last week and had a very good experience. She's asking questions and building friendships with the members.

Another person we are teaching is a Dutch lady named Zr. S. She is super funny and is fun to teach. She's had many trials in her life and has done a lot of searching in order to find the truth. She has done a lot of investigating in other churches and says that she is fascinated by the Book of Mormon and for its unique background. It gets to be difficult trying to teach her because she is normally very busy (as it seems the rest of our investigators are). We find time to sit with her though and we're excited to continue teaching her.

I am very grateful for this gospel and for the chance that I have to be able to serve the people of Suriname. I'm grateful for the chance I've had to share this dear message with these people. I know that the Book of Mormon is the foundation to everything that we do as Saints in the Last Days. In 2 Nephi 33:11 it says "10 And now, my beloved brethren... hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these wordsfor they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good". I know that the Book of Mormon brings us closer to Jesus Christ and helps us learn of him. I know that reading it will help us more fully comprehend who Jesus Christ is, and what He's done for us. Most importantly, it helps us know what we can do because of what He's done for us. I know that the enabling power of the atonement can live vibrantly in each of us as we serve and obey our Lord. I love you all! Have another great week!

Ik hou van jullie!!!

Elder Hunt  


Awesome friend 

Sister Anna 


No comments:

Post a Comment