Thursday, August 4, 2016

July 11, 2016

Hallo iedereen! Groetjes vanuit Suriname! Het heeft een andere geweldige week hier in Paramaribo geweest!

So first, big news, we got transfer calls and I'm leaving Paramaribo branch. It's always been a struggle for the church to get missionaries in to Suriname. We're losing 3 missionaries this transfer without any replacements so they are combining areas to make up for the difference (3 missionaries is big for Suriname, considering there are only about 20 missionaries in the entire country). I'm headed to a new area in Wanica branch. Wanica is just south of Paramaribo branch. It's been nuts. This will make my 8th transfer out in the field, with 8 companions and 5 different areas! Nuts!!! I sort of broke my streak this last transfer, but I'm picking it right back up again. I've heard some very good things about Wanica though, so I am excited to go there.

A is doing awesome! He is stoked to go to the temple. We gave him a LDS temple magazine, and he loved it! (thank you for the idea mom:) He's making some good friends in the branch, and came to a fireside we held this last Saturday. I'm sad I won't be here when he gets baptized, but I will be able to attend his baptismal service, which will be awesome.

J came to church again. It's been hard to sit with him so we haven't made much progress with him. 

Fun Surinamese culture fact: Surinamers love their birds. Naturally being at the head of the Amazon jungle there are a wide variety of birds and Parrots here. They love listening to them.You see people with birds in cages going all over the place. People have them in their yards, in their cars, and even on motorcycles. It's fun to see.

I've been studying a lot about wisdom and knowledge this last week and I found a scripture that I love in 2 Nephi 28:30 30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept,here little and there little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdomfor unto him that receiveth I will give more. 
We all receive spiritual insights that we love as we progress further in the gospel. We find gold nuggets that we treasure and hold dear. We develop quite the collection as we store all of these treasures away (that's why it's so important to write in your journal, bear your testimony, and mark your scriptures), so that you can see the spiritual track that you've wandered before. That is how we gain knowledge and wisdom in the gospel. It's cool to see it all happen. Hope you all have another great week! I'll be back next week with news on my new area!

Ik hou van jullie!!!

Elder Hunt


This group loves to do SERVICE

Getting really good at cutting down weeds



So Happy to have a box from Home 

Zuster Parabiersing who Elder Hunt meet at the Washington DC temple visitor Center
where she was serving her mission

A school with Dutch colonial architecture 


No comments:

Post a Comment