Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Life in Arizona......October 12, 2015

Today's officially my 2 month mark! It feels so weird. Time flies by and at the same time it's felt like it's been a while. This week has definitely been awesome! Our teaching pool is slowly but surely growing.

A lot of things have been going on. Our bikes have been giving us trouble the last couple of days so we've had to some good old walking while they're getting fixed. One of our investigators has been fixing them. He's a super cool guy. He made Elder Roberson chicken soup one day when he wasn't feeling that good and has offered (and given) us rides when we need it. He's had very good feelings about the church. The only thing keeping him back is his wife, who's been hesitant about letting him join the church. Their daughter totally reminds me of you Abby! She's 11 years old and loves to talk with the missionaries. She loves it when I start speaking Dutch haha. Their family's awesome.
Would you guys pick up my bike if I left it here like at Linda's or something? Another bike to add to our collection haha. It's a Diamondback, not sure if you want it. Let me know.

On Wednesday we ran into some other missionaries. Elder Roberson thinks they're Born Again Christians, I think they were Jehovah's Witnesses. Definitely wasn't a pleasant surprise. They started arguing with us about weird stuff and didn't do anything but drive the spirit away. We got out of there as fast as we could and then avoided the area for a while haha.

Wednesday we had our first lesson with a lady. She's super nice and very accepting of everything that we've taught. She said she would start reading the Book of Mormon and has already expressed interest in coming to church. TOTAL golden investigator! Her friend suggested she meet with the missionaries and so she put in a referral for herself. We got her referral the first day of transfers which was really cool. We couldn't meet with two other lady's this week. One of the lady's  uncle passed away a few days ago which added to her already busy schedule. We were told Tuesday by another lady that her daughter is in critical condition in the hospital and asked that we meet with her next week.

We've also been focusing a tone on less actives since that's been a problem in the Mesa South Stake. One couple has

been less active since childhood but want to change that now. They're children aren't baptized so we've been going over there regularly. They're super awesome and love it when we come over.

Other then that it's been the same old thing. I study Dutch everyday. President Jenkins said I should study for at least one hour a day. I usually read 10 minutes out loud from Het Boek van Mormon and then review some grammar and vocab. I've really been focusing on interpreting the scriptures since there's no one here I can practice my Dutch with.

Thursday I went on splits with Elder Layola. He's from Micronesia and was also a visa waiter in Mesa. He was supposed to head to Australia but decided to stay after 10 months here in Mesa. That night we got to eat with the Johnson's who had lived in Germany for a few years. They were both fluent in German and so I got to practice my Dutch a little with them. We had an awesome dinner conversation. It reminded me how much I miss speaking German as well.

I've also been getting a lot of piano and organ practice as well haha. We have to go to the church to get wifi so that Elder Roberson can do reports, online proselyting, etc. While he does that on the ipad I go and practice in the chapel. I've found that I want to pick up the organ when I get home. Does BYU offer classes for that?

This week has been awesome as usual. I'm loving it here! I keep saying this but the missionaries are totally spoiled here haha.

Ik hou van jullie!

Elder Hunt




 With Elder Roberson
 Mesa Temple
Citrus Trees are everywhere


Loves the sunsets in Mesa


They are allowed to wear Sunglasses in this Mission


His Desk


The church they cover in this area

No comments:

Post a Comment