Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I got my own Ipad! October 26, 2015

Hello and greetings from Mesa! It's been an awesome week this week.

I finally got my iPad! It's been super nice to have one of these

things. A bunch of different things have happened. I have not heard
anything about my Visa. The transfer ends on November 4th which means
they'd have international missionaries fly out on the 2nd. I'd have to
get my visa before then, or else I don't know if they'll keep me
another transfer. I'm assuming I'm staying another transfer as of
right now.

Elder And Sister Sitati came and spoke to the Mesa mission this last

week. He's such a cool guy. You could practically feel the love he had
for the missionaries radiate off of him. He had us ask questions on
questions we had on becoming better missionaries. He then addressed
all the questions. You know when you have those in depth spiritual
discussions, but you totally follow everything? That's what it was
like. Very neat experience. He told us one of the things we should
focus on is not only to invite others to Christ, but that our purpose
was to "come unto Christ and help others come unto Christ". He really
emphasized the point of becoming not only the missionary we need to be
but also the person that we need to become. What we need to learn and
do on our mission, and what we need to mentally learn and take with us
after our mission. As we focus on serving and helping others, we
become the person God intends us to be. We cannot become that person
if we focus on ourselves.


We had a huge Halloween trunk er treat ward party where they combined

Kingsborough and Cooper wards together. We had dinner and then did
some trunk re treating afterwards. Cooper ward missionaries were in
charge of it all so they asked us to participate in helping plan for
it. We literally invited everyone in the two ward boundaries to come,
member or not. We were able to get 4 investigators there! The F
family came and Sister D brought her daughter and some of her grandchildren to it.
They all said they loved it!

We did a fun service project this last Saturday. We went to the salt

river which is north east of Mesa. They were able to get half the
mission there and hundreds of other volunteers. We walked along the
river bank cleaning out garbage. They made it a huge deal apparently.
Stake leaders were able to get the nature park people to drain the
river some since it's controlled by a dam. It was nice to get out of
the city for a bit too.

Me and Elders Roberson, Ulrich and Loyola did a hike today. It was

just outside of Mesa on the Superstition Mountain range. It took us
something like just under an hour to get to the wind caves. Me and
Ulrich were able to make it to the very top of the mountain just in
time for the sunrise! I swear I took like 100 pictures just of the
sunrise between my camera and my iPad. I got some narley pictures
though! I'll be sure to send them. Ulrich got an awesome time lapse of
the sunrise on his iPad as well. I'll try to send that to you guys.

My mind is blanking out on lessons with investigators. D said she

has been reading the Book of Mormon! She likes it and has been writing
down questions she's had. She's had a very busy week this week and
it's been difficult getting in contact with her though.

We received a new referral named S this week. She moved here from Florida 

just a month or so ago. Just before she left for Arizona she said she'd 
been praying for help in her life and as an answer to her prayers she was
able to meet with and talk to an LDS member there in Florida. She now wants
to meet with the missionaries! We'll see how this plays out.

Honestly I was not too enthralled with the idea of coming to Mesa. But

one of the things I've been learning more and more is to love the
opportunities that God gives us. At my desk is a quote by Joseph B

Wirthlin "Come what may and love it". We need to turn "trials" or
"burdens" into opportunities and blessings. Whether it be a calling or
a hiccup in our plans, we need to be grateful for these opportunities.


Another thing I've been learning is to be yourself. We've all been

given a personality by our Heavenly Father that goes together with the
gospel of Jesus Christ. We each can enjoy the blessings of the gospel
the most when we are ourselves. An awesome video I'd recommend

watching is on the Meet the Mormons disk. In the special features
section is another person that they highlight called the Artist. Why
she isn't in the movie I don't know. What I learned is that the gospel
clicks and connects with us most when we are ourselves. God gives us
certain attributes that make us us. As we interact with and serve
others, we can help others see what the gospel does for us.

Love you all! Thank you all for you prayers! This may be the last

email I send in Mesa. I have no idea where the process my visa is at
only that they have everything.

Ik hou van jullie!


Elder Hunt


Sent from my iPad
 Superstition Mountain Range at sunrise




Elder Ulrich and me

Elder Roberson, Loyola, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment