Monday, April 3, 2017

February 6,2017

Hallo hallo en groetjes uit Suriname!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week. We got transfer calls this week, and I am leaving Nieuwe Grond! I'm headed over to an area called Commowijne. It's across the river and east of the city of Paramaribo. It's been hard to say goodbye to people here, but I'm excited to go to Commowijne.

We were able to see a lot of cool things happen this week. It was difficult sitting with people this week. We called everyone that we knew, and we still couldn't find too many people. I guess the Lord wanted us to contact. We were able to see a couple of miracles with our investigators this past week. We've been teaching Selfie, and she's made a lot of progress. When we first met her, she didn't want to get baptized. After reading Moroni 8, she now wants to come to church and get baptized. But then her husband didn't want her to do all that. Well, this week we fasted for her, and she told us her husband started secretly reading the Book of Mormon. He's changed from it, and is now not only willing to let his wife get baptized, but he said he'd drive her to church! She told is it was the spirit working in him. (It's really cool to hear your investigator say that).

We've been also teaching the Ritfeld family. Their parents have been super busy and have hardly had time to sit with us. But they gave us permission to baptised their children. That's a HUGE step because a year ago the father didn't wanted his family to have anything to do with the church. All of this exciting stuff happens right as I leave!

Oh, by the way, I started teaching piano lessons. I'm teaching a member to play the piano better so that she can start playing after I leave. It's been fun doing that honestly. I might consider doing it back home.

I'm sorry I don't have too much time. I took some cool pictures that I want to send to I'm going to stop now. But there's a little update from Suriname. I hope you all have a great week!

Ik hou van jullie!!!

Elder Hunt

Add caption


Waterkant, the historic city center of Paramaribo.


No comments:

Post a Comment