Monday, March 21, 2016

March 7, 2016 I got my transfer call and I'm headed to the city!!! I'm headed to Paramaribo!

Hallo iedereen!! Het heeft een andere geke week maar het was echt prachtig!
It has been a great week this week. The weather's been quite hot. There's two seasons in Suriname, more likely to rain season and less likely to rain season. Right now it's a more less likely to rain season. We got transfer calls this week and I'm headed to the city. I'm headed to Paramaribo Branch! It's honestly caught me off guard quite a bit. I thought I'd have another  transfer or two in Uitkijk. I've been saying good bye to everyone here. It's been sad but I know it's what the Lord wants.
We had a pretty good week. We haven't been able to meet with our investigators quite as much but we've still been getting around. J is doing great! We've been teaching her the Plan of Salvation which has helped her a lot. The Plan of Salvation answers a lot of questions that investigators will have for us. We specifically had a really good lesson where we ended with the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The spirit was really strong.
We have also been teaching M and J the Plan of Salvation. It's helped them a lot, giving reason to read in the Book of Mormon. We haven't gotten dates for them yet but they're are in the process of getting one.
We weren't able to meet with M as much this week. We had a really fun lesson teaching her the 10 commandments. We'll be having the R's come with us to go visit her which will hopefully excite her more, and make her want to come to church.
S and J fed us dinner again for fast Sunday which was really nice. We had roti which is one of my favorites. Jolanda is very excited for her baptismal date. She's been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and coming to church!

I have come to love this small little town of Uitkijk so much. It'll be really hard to leave. I've learned so much here, and the members have been so welcoming. It'll be sad to leave the Ronoredjo family. My time here seems short but I'm excited to go to Paramaribo as well.
Thank  you all for your prayers and know that I pray for you all as well. I'll be back next week with more about my new area!
Ik hou van jullie!!!
Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment